Each week I'm going to bring you a round-up of meals from around the web to inspire plant-based eating (meals comprised of veggies, legumes, nuts, seeds, fruits, and grains, and free of animal products) and cooking at home. Getting into the kitchen is the key to optimal health. Nothing is going to help you lose weight, feel better, get more energy, and GLOW, like cooking up some plants.
So let's have at it, shall we?
My first two are inspired by the latest additions to my cookbook collection: 100% plant-based gems that released this week, both from food bloggers.
1. Jessica Murnane's One Part Plant Cookbook is the latest venture in her mission to get everyone to eat one plant-based meal a day. A plant-based diet helped her eliminate most of the symptoms of endometriosis, and she was able to stave off a hysterectomy that not one, but two doctors told her she'd have to have. Pretty inspiring stuff.
On her website this week she shared a roundup of what fellow bloggers have been cooking from her book, including pesto-stuffed mushrooms, creamy lentil pasta, and double chocolate cupcakes.
2. The First Mess is another blog-turned-cookbook I've been excited about, because Laura Wright has such a creative way of spinning plant-based ingredients into meals that are different and unique. She also featured a roundup of posts from food bloggers who've cooked from her book, and I have my eye on the miso millet polenta with eggplant bacon and the spiced cauliflower steaks with walnut sauce. MMMMMM.
3. Smashed purple potatoes with sunflower and sumac-spiced dukkah // Sassy Kitchen
4. Turmeric black pepper latte // Love and Lemons
5. Mexican fried rice nachos // A Couple Cooks
6. Vegan samosa shepherd's pie // 101 Cookbooks
What are you cooking this week? Share in the comments!
For more images + stories of what's happening in my tiny Brooklyn kitchen, follow me on Instagram. Don't forget to sign up for the weekly newsletter for exclusive nutrition tips, articles, and information available only to subscribers. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to get the goods. xx